Monday, August 29, 2011

ra ra a a a a ro ma ro ma ma ga ga ooh la la

I love music videos... So much so that I would love to make trillions and trillions of music videos...
So I decided to list of some of my favorite music videos. Enjoy!


We Used to Wait/ The Wilderness Downtown by Arcade Fire

So this first music video isn't just a video; it's a virtual personal experience. It's stunning, emotional, and also interactive. The only way you can experience it is to go here.


Take On Me by a-ha

An awesome mix of animation and live action. It's pretty mind-blowing how the glimpses of animation and live action synchronize perfectly. That's some editing talent. And hey, who doesn't love a great 80s pop song?


Bad Romance by Lady Gaga

Okay, I know I'm kinda biased when it comes to mother monster, but this is a seriously fantastic music video. From it's newly famed dance moves and outrageous outfits, "Bad Romance" makes everyone want to be a little monstah.



Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win by Beastie Boys

Remember that Nickelodeon show "Action League Now"? This is pretty much that show but in a music video form. It's so funny, and also super clever. Maybe cuz Spike Jonze directed it... hmmmmm


Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

Another completely mind-blowing music video. Plus this is one of my favorite songs ever, and one of my fave bands! This would be one seriously badass screensaver.


Muppet Show Theme Song by OK Go

Omygawd. I can't help myself. I love OK Go and the Muppets dearly and I truly loved this video. If u love either you'll love this too.


Short Skirt/Long Jacket  by Cake

Talk about market research. While it may seem like it's just about interviews with random people, this video really shows how music is ultimately subjective, like all forms of art. I also thought some of the responses and reactions were super funny.

Bytheway, I shall discuss the VMA awards in a later blog entry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment